Out Of The Way

I tuned out, I dropped in. I'm a naive, wide-eyed sell-out

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Tagged and bagged

I’ve been tagged which, I’m given to understand, means that I must repeat the last act of the tagee (Moo in this case) – a top ten Jukebox list.

One track sprung to mind, the first on this list, so I decided that the rest of the list should follow suit. It’s a kind of pedal-to-the-metal top 10, the kind of thing that you might have selected on the Dew Drop’s jukebox in New Cross back in the day (if that jukebox wasn’t full of GBH and Anti-Nowhere League crap – Reidski’ll know what I mean).

Here goes and here’s the man who inspired it:











The Fall – Jawbone and the Air Rifle
Butthole Surfers – Who Was In My Room Last Night?
Captain Beefheart – Zigzag Wanderer
Creedence Clearwater Revival – Fortunate Son
Pharcyde – Oh Shit
Metallica – Battery
Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds – Supernaturally
Ice Cube – What They Hittin’ Foe?
Nomeansno – Everyday I Start To Ooze
Velvet Underground – Sister Ray

I guess I was just in a mood today. Get me on a good day and it’d be 12” remixes of the Frog Chorus all the way. Fo’ shizzle, hom’.

6 Comments:

At 1:04 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Interesting choices! That metallica song is quite good but dont know any of the others.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger J.J said...

I thought I'd be brave and say hello.

'Hello!'

And yes, am looking forward to meeting you soon down 'your manor'.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Voroshilov said...

Moo - you an old metaller?
JJ - hello, goodbye and welcome. Passing the torch and all that.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Voroshilov said...

Look at me leaving comments on my own stuff. I just realised that posting pics of Mark E Smith on the web makes me very happy and I'll do it more often.

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Voroshilov, yes I do like some of Metallica's stuff especially when Im in a bad mood...air guitar and headbanging makes you feel sooo much better!!

 
At 2:29 AM, Blogger Reidski said...

Did I ever tell you about the time Marc E Smith bought me a can of lager - I think it was just to get rid of me as I was pissed at the time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home